There are a wide variety of business structures in which to operate a business; all of which encompass their own unique and specific advantages and disadvantages.
When starting a business or purchasing a pre-existing business, it is crucial that the most advantageous business structure is selected and implemented to ensure that the business goals are met and that the enterprise is running at optimum profitability. In determining the most appropriate business structure, an accountant or tax agent will usually weigh the elements of each type of business structure against the objectives, purpose and unique character of the enterprise.
Our accountants are experienced and qualified in providing business tax and business advisory, from compliance to growth and tax-effective strategies. Whether it be establishing a company or trust, obtaining an ABN and tax file number (TFN) from the Australian Taxation Office we have the knowledge to service you whichever your level.
We can set out the steps involved in starting a company.
- deciding if a company structure is right for you
- choosing a company name
- deciding how to operate your company
- understanding your legal obligations as an officeholder
- getting the consent of those involved in your company
- registering your company, and
- understanding your legal obligations regarding your company name, Australian Company Number (ACN) and Australian Business Number (ABN)